[R] How to extract "specific"/"last" intercept value from segmented package.

Narendra Modi bjpmodi2016 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:41:53 CEST 2016

I am able to perform regression on a dataset as below:

plot(x,y)
lin.mod <- lm(y~x)
m <- mean(x)

segmented.mod <- segmented(lin.mod, seg.Z = ~x, psi= m)

plot(segmented.mod, add=T)
sl <- slope(segmented.mod)
inter <- intercept(segmented.mod)

summary(segmented.mod)    # Show Summary
sl                        # show all the slopes
inter                     # show all the intercepts

In my dataset, the above method correctly identifies the breakpoints and
hence I get two intercepts.

> inter
$x
              Est.
intercept1  -3.269
intercept2 -19.980

What I am interested is the "intercept2" value. How can I obtain this?

The method needs to be dynamic as in if the next dataset has 3 intercepts,
I would like to get "intercept3 value.

PD

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]