[R] dplyr : row total for all groups in dplyr summarise

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 18:36:45 CEST 2016

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 8:24 AM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> Cut and paste is not to blame... it is the use of word processing software rather than text editors for manipulating code that is the problem.

In this case the text was cut from the R session console text and pasted without modification into Mail.app version 8.2. In replicating this action, I see now that hitting "return" then unfortunately converts the final double-quote to a "smart-quote". So the fault is mine because I'm responsible for my software choices.

> Georg: note that plyr does not mix very well with dplyr... try to pick one and stick with it.

Agreed. Note that I did not load plyr, but rather called a single function from it. Looking at my sessionInfo() from that session, I see that plyr was loaded via NAMESPACE and I'm guessing that was due to having loaded ggplot2 (which many people would also have). However, I'm guessing that `rbind.fill` would fail if the plyr NAMESPACE links were not available since it is dependent on several other plyr functions.

--
David.