[R] R code for multilevel latent class analysis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 17:54:40 CEST 2016

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 4:31 AM, Yahoo Mail via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am not able to find a reliable r code to run a multilevel latent class model. Indeed, I have to analyze how social trust (three variables form the ESS survey) might vary between countries (21 countries in my database). I tried to use the poLCA package but I am not sure if my code is right. This is my code:
> lca <-cbind(ppltrst+1,pplfair+1,pplhlp+1)~cntry
> lc <- poLCA(lca,mydata)

The documentation for the 'ppltrst' variable in the documentation I see has that name in all caps:

http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round6/survey/ESS6_appendix_a7_e02_1.pdf

> However, I get an error message:
> Error in `[.data.frame`(data, , match(colnames(y), colnames(data))[j]) :
> undefined columns selected

Check your spelling of all variables:

 lchar <- character(); for( i in 2:4){ lchar=c(lchar, as.character(lca[[2]][[i]][[2]]))}
 lchar
#[1] "ppltrst" "pplfair" "pplhlp"
all( c( lchar, 'cntry') %in% colnames(mydata) )

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA