[R] netcdf data precision or least significant digit

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Jul 8 00:26:06 CEST 2016

Same as with any floating point numeric computation environment... you don't. There is always uncertainty in any floating point number... it is just larger in this data than you might be used to.

Once you get to the stage where you want to output values, read up on

?round
?par (digits)

and don't worry about the incidental display of extra digits prior to presentation (output).