[R] [FORGED] Regression with factors ?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Jul 10 02:27:18 CEST 2016

I have seen less sensical questions.

It would be nice if the example were a bit more complete (as in it should have excess degrees of freedom and an answer) and less like a homework problem (which are off topic here). It would of course also be helpful if the OP were to conform to the Posting Guide, particularly in respect to using plain text email.

It looks like the kind of nonlinear optimization problem that evolutionary algorithms are often applied to. It doesn't look (to me) like a typical problem that factors get applied to in formulas though, because multiple instances of the same factor variable are present.