[R] dependent p.values in R

Fernando Marmolejo Ramos fernando.marmolejo.ramos at psychology.su.se
Sun Jul 10 09:39:36 CEST 2016

hi marc

say i have a vector with some x number of observations

x = c(23, 56, 123, ..... )

and i want to know how normal it is

as there are many normality tests, i want to combine their p.values

so, suppose i use shapiro.wilk, anderson darling and jarque bera and each will give a pvalue

i could simply average those p,values but to my knowledge that approach is biased

so i thought, in the same way there is a method to combine independent pvalues (e.g. stouffer method); is there a way to combine dependent pvalues?

best

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fernando Marmolejo-Ramos
Postdoctoral Fellow