[R] Please help: cannot import files from Windows into R

Christa Rose xarose at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:49:26 CEST 2016

Can someone please help? The read.table command is not working for me I
think because Windows has my account name stored as "Christa Rose" with a
space in it. Is this a problem? I have tried many syntax iterations, and
cannot get around this.

Here is an example of the syntax I've used:
> RanMinePlay<-read.table("c:\\Users\\Christa
Rose\\Desktop\\Ran_mine_play_data.txt",header=T)
And returned error messages:
 in read.table("c:\\Users\\Christa Rose\\Desktop\\Ran_mine_play_data.txt",
:
  empty beginning of file
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In read.table("c:\\Users\\Christa
Rose\\Desktop\\Ran_mine_play_data.txt",  :
  line 1 appears to contain embedded nulls
2: In read.table("c:\\Users\\Christa
Rose\\Desktop\\Ran_mine_play_data.txt",  :
  incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'c:\Users\Christa
Rose\Desktop\Ran_mine_play_data.txt

Can someone help me resolve this??

Christa Rose

*He is certain too that the cats, of whom there are many in the woods, have
a language of their own - some kind of old Irish.     From "Enchanted
Woods", **William Butler Yeats*

*It is in stone that the most abundant testimony is found of craftsmanship
in medieval Ireland.     From Heritage of Ireland, **Brian de Breffny*

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]