[R] how to expand the dataframe

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 02:38:13 CEST 2016

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 1:31 PM, lily li <chocold12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi R users,
>
> I have a dataframe, where there is a column 'time' represents time series
> but is not complete. How to expand the dataframe so this column will become
> complete, where other columns with the newly added rows have NA values?
> Thanks.
>
> df
> A     B     C     time
> 10    5     3.3   1990-01-01
> 11    5      4     1990-02-07
> 12    4     3      1990-02-14

Make a dataframe with a 'time' column using seq.Date and merge that dataframe with your df dataframe.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Really .... isn't it time you learned how to send plain text. You've posted many questions on Rhelp.  It's really not that difficult on gmail. I also have a gmail account and have had no difficulty finding instructions on how to do it.