[R] how to expand the dataframe

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Jul 21 06:39:58 CEST 2016

You need to show, not tell, what you did to get better answers.  Did you
use the all=TRUE argument to merge()?

> df <-
data.frame(A=c(10,11,12),B=c(5,5,4),C=c(3.3,4,3),time=as.Date(c("1990-01-01","1990-02-07","1990-02-14")))
0
> merge(df, data.frame(time=seq(as.Date("1990-01-01"),
to=as.Date("1990-02-15"), by="days")), all.y=TRUE)
         time  A  B   C
1  1990-01-01 10  5 3.3
2  1990-01-02 NA NA  NA
3  1990-01-03 NA NA  NA