[R] font size in graphs...can R read Windows settings?

Dalthorp, Daniel ddalthorp at usgs.gov
Wed Jul 27 23:01:37 CEST 2016

Hi All,
I am putting together a package that (among other things) draws some nice
graphs for users. I place some explanatory text on figs using "text" and
"mtext". But the size of the text depends on the Windows display settings:
Smaller (100%), medium (125%) or larger (150%) (In Windows 7... Control
panel | Appearance and personalization | Display | Make text and other
items smaller or larger). If I create figs that look good with one setting,
the text is too big (or too small) if another setting is used in Windows.
If I know the Windows setting, I can use cex in R to make the right sized
labels, but if I don't know a user's Windows display size setting...is
there a way for R to read the setting? Or is there another way to control
label size so that text labels on graphs look good regardless of WIndows
display size setting?

Many thanks for Ideas,

-Dan
--
Dan Dalthorp, PhD
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
ddalthorp at usgs.gov

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]