[R] How to Display Value Labels in R Outputs?

Courtney Benjamin cbenjami at BTBOCES.ORG
Thu Jul 28 20:52:04 CEST 2016

Hello R Experts,

I am using the Survey Package in R to do some initial descriptive stats for my dissertation. With the outputs for both the svymean and the barplot, I would like the value labels to be displayed for the variable-it would make the descriptive statistics much easier to interpret. Instead of the output labels of: F1RTRCC1, F1RTRCC2-I would like to see the value labels of "academic" and "occupational" to be displayed.

How do I go about making this happen? I am including a minimal reproducible example with a small subset of my actual data:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5fHCR5TGRjaZ29wNzR0cF9YRXc/view?usp=sharing

Any help is greatly appreciated. My only experience thus far is with SPSS and I have a feeling that the reason the variable value labels are not appearing is due to either the way I read the dataset into R: elsq1ch<-read.table (file="els-Q1-04-21-16.dat", header = TRUE, sep = "\t", quote = "\"", dec =".") or I am not specifying some detail that is required to manually assign labels to the values of the variables.?

Courtney Benjamin

Broome-Tioga BOCES

Automotive Technology II Teacher

Located at Gault Toyota

Doctoral Candidate-Educational Theory & Practice

State University of New York at Binghamton

cbenjami at btboces.org<mailto:cbenjami at btboces.org>

607-763-8633

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]