[R] Need help getting plotly to run on R

KMNanus kmnanus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:39:33 CEST 2016

I signed up with plotly on their own site - https://plot.ly/ <https://plot.ly/> - and got a username and password.

When I installed the package in R, I got the following error msg -
"Storing 'username' as the environment variable 'plotly_username'
Error in Sys.setenv(plotly_username = username) :
  wrong length for argument”

So I called signup("knanus", "kmnanus at gmail.com”) and received :
Error: Aw, snap! Either you've already signed-up with this username or this username has been taken. If you think you've already signed up, you can view your API key at https://plot.ly/api/key and sign in:
>>> p <- plotly(username="knanus", key=api_key)

I called p<- plolty exactly as instructed above (I did not enter the api_key on this email for confidentiality) and received
Storing 'username' as the environment variable 'plotly_username'
Storing 'key' as the environment variable 'plotly_api_key'
Error in Sys.setenv(plotly_api_key = key) : object ‘XXXXXXXXXX' not found

So I detached and deleted plotly from my library and tried -

install.packages("devtools")
library(devtools)

I received the “DONE” response, but when I called library(plotly) I received the same “Storing ‘username…” error msg as before.

What am I doing wrong?

Ken
kmnanus at gmail.com
914-450-0816 (tel)