[R] Error from Rcmdr when trying to make a density plot

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Jun 4 15:11:53 CEST 2016

Dear Ashim,

The grid() function is in the base R graphics package and should be attached to the search path (along with stats and some other standard packages).  Close your R session and try again.

 If the problem persists, make sure that you don't have a saved workspace that's being loaded every time R starts. If so, you'll see a message to this effect when R start up, and you should delete the file, named .RData, with the saved workspace. To find out where this file resides, type the command getwd() at the R > prompt. Then close R and try again.

If you still have this problem, reinstall R and the Rcmdr package.

I'm afraid that I'm unavailable for the rest of the day and so if you have a follow-up question, I won't be able to answer it in a timely manner.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University