[R] String match

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 22:15:39 CEST 2016

Please (re)-read the Help file for pmatch, which says:

... " (A partial match occurs if the whole of the element of x matches
the beginning of the element of table.) "

This is clearly not your situation. One approach (there may be others
depending on what your detailed situation actually is) is to use
regular expressions:

?regexp   ?regexpr

Cheers,
Bert