[R] Reading and converting time data via read.table

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Wed Jun 8 04:45:53 CEST 2016

       Have you considered asNumericDF in the Ecfun package?  This can
convert to a date-time column into POSIXct -- not POSIXlt -- using the
POSIX argument to identify the POSIX columns and format to provide the
"format" argument for as.POSIXct.

       I suggest you try the R-Forge version: install.packages("Ecfun",
repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org").  If I recall correctly, the
R-Forge version works the same as the CRAN version for POSIX but fixes a
subtle bug for Dates.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer Graves

p.s.  If anyone knows a better way to do this, I'm interested.