[R] R getting "Killed" while running VAR model

Vivek Singh vivek4 at mail.usf.edu
Wed Jun 8 16:13:13 CEST 2016

I am using *R version 3.0.2* (2013-09-25) on Ubuntu desktop (*Ubuntu
14.04.4 LTS*). I am running *var model *on a matrix with 199 columns and
604800 rows. The server has 12 core and 32GB of memory. When the model is
running, i checked CPU and Memory consumption using 'htop' linux command. I
observe all the cores are being used and memory memory usage is on average
17GB out of 32GB. After running the model for about an hour, the system
kills the R process. Following the output:

*> library("vars")*
*> vmodel=VAR(only_variables_without_missing, p = 1, type ="both")*
*Killed*

Please help.

Regards,

Vivek Kumar Singh