[R] import of data set and warning from R CMD check

Pascal A. Niklaus pascal.niklaus at ieu.uzh.ch
Fri Jun 17 17:45:16 CEST 2016

Hi all,

When checking an R package, I get:

|Consider adding importFrom("datasets","CO2")

(this data set is used in some example code)

However, when I add the suggested 'importFrom' statement to NAMESPACE
(using roxygen2), I get

|Error :object ‘CO2’ is not exported by 'namespace:datasets'|
|I understand that datasets are not exported, and the comment printed by
'R CMD check' seems not to have any consequences, but it nevertheless
seems inconsistent to me. But maybe I miss something here...

Pascal

--

Dr. Pascal A. Niklaus
Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]