[R] Error in setwd() : argument "dir" is missing, with no default

Shivi Bhatia shivipmp82 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:22:37 CEST 2016

Dear Team,

I have searched for this error at various forums but enable to find a
relevant solution.

When i had installed R studio the WD was saved at a particular location now
when i try to change it gives me this error:

Error in setwd() : argument "dir" is missing, with no default. I have tried
setting the WD using Shift+ Ctrl+ H or using setwd() command. While it
changes the WD for that particular session but when i restart the session
it is again reset to the old previous location hence every instance i have
to reset this as all my data and other files are saved at another location.
While searching at some of the forums like stat exchange it was advised to
use setwd("../") as it selects your WD one step back however with this also
i cant fix the issue.

Kindly advice at the earliest.

Thanks, Shivi

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]