[R] performance of do.call("rbind")

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:49:40 CEST 2016

The following might be nonsense, as I have no understanding of R
internals; but ....

"Growing" structures in R by iteratively adding new pieces is often
warned to be inefficient when the number of iterations is large, and
your rbind() invocation might fall under this rubric. If so, you might
try  issuing the call say, 20 times, over 10k disjoint subsets of the
list, and then rbinding up the 20 large frames.

Again, caveat emptor.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter