[R] > Understanding strip.default & strip.custom

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:17:54 CEST 2016

It's a vector of **length** 1, not **value** 1. In your case it gives
the index (1 to 12) of the level being drawn in the panel, which is
used to draw the strip according to other strip parameters, esp.
style.

You seem to be making this way more difficult than you should.
strip.default is the **function** being used to draw the strips in
each panel. Generally speaking, you should not have to mess with
arguments like which.panel and should probably use strip.custom()
instead.  Do carefully go through the examples in ?strip and ?xyplot.
That may help.

Cheers,
Bert
Bert Gunter