[R] Writing a formula to Excel

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Thu Jun 30 14:34:28 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I am using excel.link to work seemslessly with Excel.

In addition to values, like numbers and strings, I would like to insert a
full operational formula into a cell.

xlc["G14"] <- print(paste("=G9*100/G6"), quote = FALSE)

The strings is put into the cell, but the cell is not evaluated. Thus the
string is show as result of the computation.

If I open that cell b pressing "F2" or by double-clicking the cell and
pressing RETURN will start the evaluation of the expession.

xlc["G14"] <- parse("=G9*100/G6") # does not run

How can I put a formula into Excel that is evaluated right away?

Kind regards

Georg