[R] trying to reach R-help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 21:42:52 CET 2016

> On Mar 5, 2016, at 11:32 AM, Jan Kacaba <jan.kacaba at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I'm rather desperate so please excuse me if I'm using wrong emails.
> I'm sad that the forum at nabble is not functinal as before. I'm by no way
> want to critique something. I just don't understand in which way is mailing
> better than forum.

The Nabble "mirror"/"gateway" was a source of spam to the list, so acceptance from postings to its pages was initially severely restricted a year or two ago and then later shut off entirely. Its users seemed to lack an understanding of the need to post in plain text and its interface appeared to be an ongoing source of confusion. This has been explained multiple times on the list.

> I'm subscriber to R-help, but it seems that I'm unabble to reach R-help. I
> have sent some emails to r-help at r-project.org, but I get no response. My
> new posts aren't listed at http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/R-help-f789696.html
> anymore either.

> Can you please tell me if I do something wrong or how should I reach R-help?
> Will my post be listed at nabble if reach R-help correctly?
>
> Thank you very much for answer.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

You were able to reach Rhelp with this email. You are subscribed as receiving emails in digest form. One of the sources of confusion for Nabble users was the need to post in plain text.  It's your responsibility to read the Posting Guide and configure your chosen email client properly.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA