[R] How to speed up R program

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:45:56 CET 2016

Hi Ragia,
Improving the efficiency of a program usually requires detailed
analysis of what it is doing and how those operations can be performed
more rapidly. That is to say, without knowing what the program is
supposed to accomplish and how it is doing it now, very little help
can be provided. One thing you might look for is "disk-thrashing"
where your storage media (e.g. hard disk) is being accessed
continuously. This usually indicates that the program is swapping out
data to the disk, which is typically slow compared to processing it in
memory.

Jim