[R] Circular Statistic in R

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:03:28 CET 2016

It is always hard to diagnose unspecified "problems", but it should not matter. You do need to use statistical methods specifically designed for circular data. Even simple descriptive statistics such as the mean, standard deviation, and variance require special functions. Try package circular.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77840-4352