[R] size issue with source

Jun Chen jchen at Parametricafund.com
Fri Mar 25 11:39:33 CET 2016

Hello:

I have met an issue when I use the function "source".

For example, we use function source to read a txt file, say all.txt, which contains three function: A, B, C. Then I use the function save to save individual function A to a file say Abig, whose size on the drive is Abigsize. While I can source the file Abig to get back function A after which I save the updated A function to file Asmall, whose size on the drive is Asmallsize. Abigsize is much bigger than Asmallsize. It seems that Abig inherited its memory information from all.txt instead of its own size.

Would you please help me with the issue?

Best.