[R] How to solve an NLME problem?

David C Blouin dblouin at lsu.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:10:01 CEST 2016

I have a nonlinear model where I want to include random coefficients for a sample of random SUBJECTS. The fixed effects part of the model is Y ~ B + (T - B) / (1 + 10**(X - C)) and I would like to include random coefficients b for B, t for T, and c for C. The model is a fairly well-known three-parameter log-inhibitor model where Y is a measure of growth at X = log(CONCENTRATION), B is the unknown lower asymptote, T is the unknown upper asymptote, and C is the unknown log(IC50), where IC50 is the half maximal inhibitory concentration. I do not know how to solve this problem in R, where I am assuming NLME contains the appropriate methodology.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]