[R] R logo size in package information tab of Rstudio

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:46:50 CEST 2016

On 29/03/2016 3:42 PM, Marc Girondot via R-help wrote:
> Two different sizes of R logo are shown in Rstudio in the Help at the
> package level.
>
> For example, numderiv shows a nice discreet logo located at (in MacosX):
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/doc/html/logo.jpg
> whereas packrat shows a huge logo located at:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/doc/html/Rlogo.svg
>
> The choice between both depends on the path indicated in the file
> Index.html located in html folder for each package.
>
> It would be better to have svg version of Rlogo.svg of the same size
> than logo.jpg (I have converted the Rlogo.svg into the same size than
> logo.jpg and it looks much better whit the new version).

I've now managed to duplicate this.  It's an RStudio bug, not an R bug.
They are not using the R.css file that sets the size of the logo (or
perhaps they're using an older version of it).

I'm not completely up to date on RStudio, so it may be that you can fix
it by updating.  I've bcc'd support at RStudio to let them know about
this; not sure if that will get through.

Duncan Murdoch