[R] undefined columns selected!

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:14:46 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:05 AM, ch.elahe via R-help <r-help at r-project.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I know it seems simple but I am trying to copy a code and I don't know
> what is the problem with this command!
>
>     msubsub=msub[,cn]
>
> the error I get is : error in '[.data.frame '(msub, ,cn) : undefined
> columns selected

​First - very important - please change from HTML posting to plain text.
This forum doesn't handle HTML well and its use very often results in
​unreadable and thus unusable messages.

​TLI (Too Little Information). I would probably help if you would post the
information from things like:

dput(head(msub))

dput(head(cn)​)

Most want "dput(msub)" and "dput(cn)", but I use the "head()" to subset
that to examples which are usually easier to post. It depends on the
problem and the size of the data involved. Oh, please don't just
cut'n'paste the output from simply listing "msub" or "cn", that produces
output which cannot be cut and pasted easily into an R session. Thanks.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]