[R] greek characters in Figures

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed May 4 21:35:14 CEST 2016

> On May 4, 2016, at 10:53 AM, Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > install.packages("latex2exp")
> Installiere Paket nach ‘/home/apa/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2’
> (da ‘lib’ nicht spezifiziert)
> Warnung: kann nicht auf den Index für das Repository https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib zugreifen:
>   nicht unterstütztes URL Schema

You seem to have difficulties with your Internet connection/setup:

> Warnmeldung:
> Paket ‘latex2exp’ ist nicht verfügbar (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)
> > install.packages("latex2expr")
> Installiere Paket nach ‘/home/apa/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2’
> (da ‘lib’ nicht spezifiziert)
> Warnung: kann nicht auf den Index für das Repository https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib zugreifen:
>   nicht unterstütztes URL Schema
> Warnmeldung:
> Paket ‘latex2expr’ ist nicht verfügbar (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)

I just installed from source from that repository into an R 3.2.5 library. (I first needed to reinstall that version since I had moved to 3.3.0. Admittedly I was doing this on a Mac but since the package does not require any C/Fortran level compiling, my experience should mimic that of a Linux user using a source package.

--
David