[R] Truncreg package help

Philipp Schaper philipp.schaper at unisg.ch
Fri May 6 08:40:10 CEST 2016

Dear R userers,

I am running truncated regressions with the 'truncreg' package. My sample
is large (6,000 observations), the data is left-truncated at 1 and the
left tail of the data is heavily centered at 1. When I am running the
regression I receive the following error message:

  Error in optim(par = start[!fixed], fn = logLikFunc, control = control,
:
  initial value in 'vmmin' is not finite

>From a previous discussion (
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/betareg-help-td3350129.html) on a similar
issue in the betareg function I assume that the error message stems from
that the estimate of the starting value of the precision parameter is
negative. However, I do not know how I can take care of this. Thus I would
be very thankful for any help.

Best regards,
Philipp
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]