[R] Antwort: Re: Re: sink(): Cannot open file

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Tue May 10 17:05:00 CEST 2016

Hi Jim,

I tried:

sink("all.Rout")
try(log("a"))
sink()

The program executes without warning or error. The file "all.Rout" is
begin created. Nothing will be written to it. The file is accessable
rights after the execution of the program by notepad.exe.

The program

zz <- file("all.Rout", open = "wt")
sink(zz, type = "message")
try(log("a"))
sink()
close(zz)
unlink(zz)

creates the file, does not write anything to it and is not accessable
after program execution in R with notepad.exe.

Any ideas what happens behind the szenes?

Kind regards

Georg