[R] how to manipulate ... in the argument list

Witold E Wolski wewolski at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:45:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am looking for a documentation describing how to manipulate the
"..." . Searching R-intro.html gives to many not relevant hits for
"..."

What I want to do is something like this :

image.2 <- function(x, col , ...){
 # function is manipulating colors (adding a few)
 # since it changes colors it needs to update breaks if defined.

  breaks <- list(...)$breaks

 if( !is.null( list(...)$breaks ) ){
    #manipulate breaks

   image(x, col, breaks = breaks ,...)

  }else{
     image(x,col ,...)
  }
}

but in order to get it working I will need to remove breaks from ...
since otherwise I am getting multiple defined argument for breaks.

So how to manipulate the "..." argument? Or should I use a different pattern

best

--
Witold Eryk Wolski