[R] web scraping tables generated in multiple server pages / Best of R-help

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed May 11 14:45:03 CEST 2016

On 5/10/2016 4:11 PM, boB Rudis wrote:
> Unfortunately, it's a wretched, vile, SharePoint-based site. That
> means it doesn't use traditional encoding methods to do the pagination
> and one of the only ways to do this effectively is going to be to use
> RSelenium:

R-help is not stack exchange, where people get "reputation" points for
good answers,
and R-help often sees a lot of unhelpful and sometimes unkind answers.
So, when someone is exceptionally helpful, it is worthwhile
acknowledging it
in public, as I do now, with my "Best of R-help" award to Bob Rudis.

Not only did he point me to RSelenium, but he wrote a complete solution
to the problem, and gave me the generated data on a github link.
It was slick, and I learned a lot from it.

best,
-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]