[R] Install GARPFRM package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 19 08:17:11 CEST 2016

> On May 18, 2016, at 9:51 PM, Saba Sehrish via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install GARPFRM package to R (version: 3.3.0) by following steps:
>
> (a)  install.packages("GARPFRM", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>
> It gives following Warning messages:
>
> 1: running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.0/bin/i386/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\ssehrish\Documents\R\win-library\3.3" C:\Users\ssehrish\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpU3JvBo/downloaded_packages/GARPFRM_0.1.0.tar.gz' had status 1

.tar.gz packages are source packages. The default for the install.packages function is for binary packages. (Generally you will not find binary packages on R-Forge.)

You should read the help pages for install.packages.

> 2: In install.packages("GARPFRM", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org") :  installation of package ‘GARPFRM’ had non-zero exit status
>

> (b) library(GARPFRM)
>
> It gives following error :  Error in library(GARPFRM) : there is no package called ‘GARPFRM’

Trying to load a package which failed to install should not surprise you.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA