[R] WARNING: Method convertPointFromBase

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:38:13 CEST 2016

> On 23 May 2016, at 23:51 , Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> This is almost certainly a message from a contributed package,  not from R itself. Please figure out which package you are using and read the documentation for that package.

Nope, it comes from OSX. AFAIR, it is something about supporting versions back to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) in the same binary, and the thing that works in 10.6 got deprecated in later versions. It's something that we probably want to fix (something about resolution independence, making a difference with hi-res displays), but I'm unsure whether it can be done without dropping support for the older versions. I think the warning is mostly harmless until Apple drops supporting the function entirely.