[R] code to provoke a crash running rterm.exe on windows

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:42:45 CEST 2016

Anthony Damico <ajdamico <at> gmail.com> writes:

> hi, here's a minimal reproducible example that crashes my R 3.3.0 console
> on a powerful windows server.  below the example, i've put the error (not
> crash) that occurs on R 3.2.3.
>
> should this be reported to http://bugs.r-project.org/ or am i doing
> something silly?  thanx

From the R FAQ (9.1):

If R executes an illegal instruction, or dies with an operating system
error message that indicates a problem in the program (as opposed to
something like “disk full”), then it is certainly a bug.

  So you could submit a bug report, *or* open a discussion on
r-devel at r-project.org  (which I'd have said was a more appropriate
venue for this question in any case) ...

  Ben Bolker