[R] How to import sensitive data when multiple users collaborate on R-script?

Tom Wright tom at maladmin.com
Tue May 31 15:01:37 CEST 2016

My general approach to this is to put the function for loading data
into a separate file which is then sourced in the main analysis file.
Occasionally I'll use a construct like:

if file.exists("loadData_local.R")
  {
    source("loadData_local.R")
  }else{
    source("loadData_generic.R")
  }

Where loadData_generic.R contains the path to some sample (non-sensitive) data.