[R] How to import sensitive data when multiple users collaborate on R-script?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue May 31 15:39:41 CEST 2016

Assume everyone will begin their work in a suitable working directory for their computer. Put data in that working directory or some directory "near" it. Then use relative paths to the data instead of absolute paths (don't use paths that start with "/"). I usually start by reading in a "configuration" file that I keep customized for per computer, that includes such things as the names of files I want to analyze. Sometimes there is only one row in that file, other times I select one row on the fly to use.