[R] function ave() with seq_along returning char sequence instead of numeric

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Nov 1 01:11:47 CET 2016

Jeff,

Thanks for the response.  You are right of course. I went back and reread the help page.  I guess I just glossed over the 'x is numeric' statement because the default FUN was the mean, and seq_along doesn't care about type.  I should know better than to disregard what I read in the help pages.  But you are right, using any numeric vector of appropriate size as the first argument does what I need.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration