[R] bzip2

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 02:44:19 CET 2016

> On Oct 31, 2016, at 5:29 PM, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) <NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov> wrote:
>
> I don't know what version Linux or other OS you are using, but have you installed the bzip2 development package? It would be named something like  libbz2-dev (that is what it is in Ubuntu, I believe).

This question has been asked several times by OSX users and the answer for them has always been:

http://r.research.att.com/libs/

... although it's not immediately obvious that the bzlib functions are to be found in the xz package.

Instruction for installation from a Unix console  are at the bottom of the page.
--
David.