[R] Using map with filled.contour doesn't display map

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Nov 5 17:33:51 CET 2016

I get the error also (R3.3.1/raster2.5-8).

Works fine if I call plot.new() before calling filledContour.

Given this is a contributed package you should be corresponding with the package maintainer if you think this solution is inappropriate or the documentation needs fixing, but I suspect you are better off being able to initialize the plot yourself.