[R] Alternative to apply in base R

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Wed Nov 9 13:30:30 CET 2016

The speed enhancement using your f2() is remarkable when compared to the apply() method I implemented. In the larger context of my actual problem, this essentially now solves the big computational hog and I can do some real work in a meaningful timeframe as a result.

Thank you for all the suggestions to those on this thread.