[R] Help with decrypting

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 20:27:12 CET 2016

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 10:35 AM, MacQueen, Don <macqueen1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Thanks for responding. I've tried the functions in bcrypt, and get, for
> example,
>
>> infl <- 'path.to.the.encrypted.file'
>> junk <- 'the.password'
>> foo <- readLines(infl)
> Warning message:
> In readLines(infl) :
>  incomplete final line found on 'path.to.the.encrypted.file'

I would not have expected that to succeed. readLines drops cr's and lf's and it certainly seems possible that those characters might be encrypted values randomly sprinkled through the image. What happens when you read it as raw? (may need to first get `file.info` to determine file length.)

perhaps something along the lines of

foo <- readBin( infl, "raw", file.info(infl)[1, "size"])

--
David