[R] Alternative to "apply" in R 3.2.2

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 01:50:59 CET 2016

Wow, you are quite confused! Have you gone through any basic R
tutorials (there are many good ones on the web), as it sure looks like
you have not and therefore have almost no idea how to use R. If that
is the case, it is unlikely that this list (or R!) is going to be much
use to you.

Anyway, apply() is a standard *built-in function* in base R. There is
NO apply package.

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Olu Ola via R-help
<r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
> Here is the warning message that appears when I tried installing the apply package:
> install.packages("apply")Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Olufemi/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages : package ‘apply’ is not available (for R version 3.2.2)
> Regards
>
>     On Friday, November 11, 2016 6:37 PM, Ista Zahn <istazahn at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  What makes you think " apply' does not work in R 3.2.2"?
> On Nov 11, 2016 6:24 PM, "Olu Ola via R-help" <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,I quite understand that apply is doing what it is supposed to do. I actually found that example online. However, "apply" package is not compatible with R 3.2.2 and as a result, I could not use the code. That is why I am asking for an alternative to "apply" that can be used to do the same thing.
> Regards
>
>     On Friday, November 11, 2016 4:08 PM, "MacQueen, Don" <macqueen1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
>

>  Df.1$D looks correct to me. For example, in the third row, 7*2=14 is
> correct with the NA removed.
>
> -Don
>
> --
> Don MacQueen
>
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> 7000 East Ave., L-627
> Livermore, CA 94550
> 925-423-1062
>

> On 11/11/16, 12:45 PM, "R-help on behalf of Olu Ola via R-help"
> <r-help-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,I have a dataset that is similar to the one as follows:
>>
>>> Df.1 <- data.frame(A = c(5,4,7,6,8,4),B =
>>>(c(1,5,2,4,9,1)),C=(c(2,3, NA,5,NA,9)))
>>> Df.1
>>  A B  C
>>1 5 1  2