[R] Function argument and scope

Bernardo Doré berdore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:46:04 CET 2016

Thank you all for replying so quickly.

@Jim
You are right, I ran into that. You can see as.character() being called to
remedy the situation you described. I dropped the factors from the data
frame in a line outside the function. Creating the dataframe with
stringsAsFactors = F is the easiest way to go. Tks.

@Thomas, @Jeremiah
R really creates a copy and forgets the reference. That was clearly visible
in the debugger. In an earlier version of this I was returning a list of
the compute values. I will go back to that.

Tks a lot for helping me with this.

Bernardo Doré