[R] [FORGED] Re: [FORGED] How to remove box in Venn plots (Vennerable package, uses grid) - similar to bty="n" in standard plots

Paul Murrell paul at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 15 01:46:36 CET 2016

Hi

Glad I could help.

Here's a way you could get rid of the rectangle in the first place ...

library(Vennerable)
groups<-list(set1=1:100, set2=80:120)
V<-Venn(groups)
C<-compute.Venn(V)
X11(w=7,h=7)
grid.newpage()

plot(C, show=list(Universe=FALSE))

It required crawling through the 'Vennerable' source code a bit to find
that 'show' argument, but that appears to do the trick.

Paul

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics
The University of Auckland