[R] Breaking down a list into a table

Ferri Leberl ferri.leberl at gmx.at
Tue Nov 22 14:46:35 CET 2016

Dear All,
I asked for support to deal with a hirarchy within a character separated list.
I solved the problem crudely but effectively by

- Choosing for a TSV as input, where in columns that may contain several (or as well no) items the items are separated via semicolon
- adding semicolons to the first row to grant that the first row has the maximum number of semicolons of this column
- grasping the column(x<-myarray[,y], where y is some integer value) and saving it as a TSV (with only one column)
- importing it again, defining it semicolumn-separated, with fill option

To all those who feel pain reading this: Is there a shortcut?
Thank you in advance.
Yours, Ferri