[R] About data manipulation

lily li chocold12 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:11:35 CET 2016

Hi R users,

I'm trying to manipulate a dataframe and have some difficulties.

The original dataset is like this:

DF
year   month   total   id     note
2000     1         98    GA   1
2001     1        100   GA   1
2002     2         99    GA   1
2002     2         80    GB   1
2012     1         78    GA   2

The structure is like this: when year is between 2000-2005, note is 1; when
year is between 2006-2010, note is 2; GA, GB, etc represent different
groups, but they all have years 2000-2005, 2006-2010, 2011-2015.
I want to calculate one average value for each month in each time slice.
For example, between 2000-2005, when note is 1, for GA, there is one value
in month 1, one value in month 2, etc; for GB, there is one value in month
1, one value in month 2, between this time period. So later, there is no
'year' column, but other columns.
I tried the script: DF_GA = aggregate(total~year+month,data=subset(DF,
id==GA&note==1)), but it did not give me the ideal dataframe. How to do
then?
Thanks for your help.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]