[R] transpose rows and columns for large data

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:54:40 CET 2016

It is probably worth mentioning that this (i.e. transposing a data
frame) can be a potentially disastrous thing to do in R, though the
explanation is probably more than you want to know at this point (see
?t  and follow the 'as.matrix' link for details).  But if you start
getting weird results and error/warning messages when working with
your transposed data, at least you'll know why.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."