[R] Breaking down a list into a table

Ferri Leberl ferri.leberl at gmx.at
Wed Nov 30 16:18:19 CET 2016

Thank to Ulrik for the hint.
However, I don't comprehend the function until now:

For example I made up an array "input":

input
     kop
[1,] "w;d;e;f"
[2,] "w;d;e;f"
[3,] "w;d;e;f"
[4,] "w;d;e;f"
[5,] "w;d;e;f"

and tried to break it into four cols with commmand:

output<-separate(into,kop,into=c("a","b","c","d"),sep=";")

R returned:

Fehler in UseMethod("separate_") :
  nicht anwendbare Methode für 'separate_' auf Objekt der Klasse "c('matrix', 'character')" angewendet

Could you please explain me my mistake?

Thank you in advance!

Yours, Ferri